Necropsy Technician IApply Job ID 170547 Job Location Spencerville, Ohio
Perform basic necropsy laboratory procedures. Participate in the documentation of all activities as required. Receive and ship samples.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with and perform basic necropsy procedures (basic dissection, tissue collection/preservation, fresh tissue trimming, sample collection, etc.).
- Learn/know correct anatomic terms.
- Receive samples, complete tracking documentation, and prepare pathology materials and data for shipment and archiving.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in a biological science preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of pathology laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Placement at this level requires successful completion/competency of the required tasks of the position preceding this level and continued ability to perform those tasks are required. Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Must be able to differentiate normal from abnormal tissue. Experience with computer software programs is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
- Senior Scientist Woburn, Massachusetts
- Intern - Bioanalysis Worcester, Massachusetts
- Incubation Technician Voluntown, Connecticut
- Support Technician Wilmington, Massachusetts
- Training Coordinator Reno, Nevada
- Intern Ashland, Ohio
We offer a variety of competitive programs designed to empower our employees with choices and resources to best fit their needs.Learn More
From our modern Corporate Headquarters in Wilmington, Massachusetts to our historic campus in Lyon, France, there are many great places to build your career.Learn More
Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are committed the their growth and development.Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our One Day program provides employees with a day to volunteer in the communities where they live and work.Learn More