Formulations Technician IApply Job ID 170640 Job Location Ashland, Ohio
Responsible for preparation of test materials and dietary admixtures for dose administration, as well as, inventory and final disposition of test materials
- Read and review relevant sections in study protocols and amendments, and follow directions therein.
- Assist in setting up calculation/verification data prior to study initiation.
- Verify preparation of test materials prior to dose administration.
- Prepare test article/substance dosage solution/suspension(s), ensure preparation procedures and calculations are standardized, performed consistently and recorded correctly by the technical personnel.
- Prepare labels and samples.
- Receive all incoming test articles/substances and reagents.
- Review documentation for the use of all test articles/substances and vehicles/reagents to ensure consistency and correctness.
- Collect analytical samples and ship to outside testing facility.
- Return test article/substance(s) from completed studies to sponsor.
- Calculate basic mathematical calculations related to sample preparations (stock standards, serial dilutions).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in chemistry/pharmacy or related discipline. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) preferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience in pharmacy.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: A mathematical aptitude required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
- Associate Scientist I - GLP Bioanalysis Worcester, Massachusetts
- Buyer Worcester, Massachusetts
- Technologist , Serology Wilmington, Massachusetts
- Maintenance Associate Frederick, Maryland
- Study Supervisor Spencerville, Ohio
- Principal Scientist III - In Vitro Worcester, Massachusetts
We offer a variety of competitive programs designed to empower our employees with choices and resources to best fit their needs.Learn More
From our modern Corporate Headquarters in Wilmington, Massachusetts to our historic campus in Lyon, France, there are many great places to build your career.Learn More
Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are committed the their growth and development.Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our One Day program provides employees with a day to volunteer in the communities where they live and work.Learn More