Team Leader, CADDApply Job ID 170459 Job Location Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Department Marketing Statement
Team Leader, CADD
Due to the continued growth of the Company we have an exciting new opportunity for a talented, highly motivated Computational Chemist to provide scientific and managerial leadership within the CADD team, at our drug discovery facilities Cambridge, UK.
In addition to management, mentoring and scientific development of scientists within the CADD team this high profile role will see you working with a diverse range of global organisations providing computational expertise to impact upon integrated drug discovery programs and dedicated CADD projects.
- To provide CADD services to clients using expertise and initiative to define and deliver agreed CADD objectives within projects.
- To provide scientific leadership to the CADD team, proposing and providing creative solutions to project objectives, demonstrating an impact upon project progression.
- To provide managerial leadership within the CADD team, with responsibility for performance management, goal setting, providing feedback, motivating and developing staff.
- To maintain current awareness of CADD techniques and practices, identifying opportunities and introducing new technologies into the CADD group.
- Contribute to business development activities.
- A first degree in chemistry or a closely related subject.
- A PhD in a field of relevance to molecular modelling.
- Extensive postdoctoral experience with significant exposure to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in motivating staff, e.g., development, and mentoring of junior scientists.
- Experience in structure, ligand based and data based approaches in providing creative solutions to progress projects.
- Strong track record of impacting upon projects evidenced by inventorship on multiple patent applications.
- A comprehensive knowledge of commercial molecular modelling software, data visualisation and pipelining tools.
- Medicinal chemistry knowledge ideally across a range of target families.
- A dynamic and flexible approach towards achieving client-based objectives and ability to prepare high quality scientific documents to challenging deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are a dynamic and very approachable from cross discipline departments such as DMPK, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology then you would be appreciate your time in sending us your application. Please be aware this is a specialist role and you are required to be able to work in the UK and be able to work in multiple sites across the business.
Charles River is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
Discovery from Charles River helps you take the right steps, at the right time, to reach each milestone on your journey through drug development. Discovering new therapeutics can be a challenging yet rewarding journey. Discovery from Charles River lives the preclinical journey every day. When applying our state-of-the-art technology and expert scientific perspectives, our partners and collaborators will know the right steps to take at the right time to optimize preclinical ideas into strong clinical candidates. Discovery from Charles River is adept in helping our partners reach their milestones faster and more efficiently. Discovery from Charles River: Moving forward together
- Associate Scientist I - GLP Bioanalysis Worcester, Massachusetts
- Buyer Worcester, Massachusetts
- Technologist , Serology Wilmington, Massachusetts
- Maintenance Associate Frederick, Maryland
- Study Supervisor Spencerville, Ohio
- Principal Scientist III - In Vitro Worcester, Massachusetts
We offer a variety of competitive programs designed to empower our employees with choices and resources to best fit their needs.Learn More
From our modern Corporate Headquarters in Wilmington, Massachusetts to our historic campus in Lyon, France, there are many great places to build your career.Learn More
Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are committed the their growth and development.Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our One Day program provides employees with a day to volunteer in the communities where they live and work.Learn More